We are rockin' the Kasbah Xaluca!!!

Today was A LOT of driving!

Starting at nine thirty, we drove through the beginnings of the Atlas Mountains, stopping in a small town built by the French in the 20th century to resemble Switzerland. We had coffee, drove for another few hours where we had lunch (I ate camel, but only a small bite!) and then walked around a small national park where they had Berber or Barber monkeys. They were quite used to people, I was taking pictures of the babies in the trees, and wasn't paying attention and turned around and there was one standing right behind me! They kind of look like smaller, less ugly baboons, and seemed a lot less meaner. 

It's warm and I want to drink gallons of water, but as its basically an all day driving affair, that tendency becomes quite inconvenient. We one unplanned stop so far (for my lack of camel-ness) and I got stuck in the bathroom! The door was broken and no one heard me banging to get out! Finally someone heard me knocking and the driver said that he would have come to check on me in another five minutes. 

Our SUV is comfortable but we don't use the AC, we only keep the front two windows open. It's hot, but it's the desert!!!!

Right now we are driving through a very long section of an oasis. We are less than half of an hour from our hotel in Erfoud, which means I'm almost free to drown myself in cold sparkling water, instead of sipping +35*C water, while crossing my legs. 

I have to say it just one last time, today, anyways. Morocco has impressed me so much. I want to Google it's government regime, because it seems like the infrastructure is growing and we continue to hear about various successful social programs. It's history is quite interesting as well...kinda makes me wish I would have read up on the place! :P



Feeling blessed and loved. And hot. Very, very hot.

Comments