The Weekend
Thursday afternoon and yesterday I felt like a human being again. I'm realizing I'm having more laughter than tears (living with my cousin and his wife and their clumsy, annoying, ridiculously cute puppy provides a crapton of comic relief!), which is nice. I'm sure there are plenty more dark moments to come, but it really makes me appreciate the sunny ones.
Not a ton going on for me, no travels planned, no job interviews (yet?), just trying to continue to do what I'm doing.
Since my posts have been word heavy, I thought I'd put up a few pics.
I have two new running buddies, my cousin's wife (who I am just going to refer to as my cousin from here on),
and Juno, an almost-four-month-old boxer,
who drives me crazy and melts my heart at the same time.
She's great at cuddles (the boxer, not my cousin, although I'm pretty sure she'd be a good cuddler too :P),
but we're going to have to practice running a bit more. A five second attention span and feet too big for her puppy body makes her kinda suck. :)
I had a fantastic night at a tiny dive live music bar, which had the most inspiring bathroom graffiti ever.
And I'm going to have to check out this hash tag!!
Tonight I have the house to myself, and then tomorrow's a busy day to the Devonian Botanical Gardens and then joining my cousin's family for a dinner theatre...something relating to Friends. I was hesitant about the dinner theatre at first, I haven't exactly been a social beast lately...and I wasn't sure about being around a ton of people. Then I realized that really, the worst thing that could possibly go wrong is that I'd shed a few tears in the washroom and miss part of the show (if I was having a really bad day/night), which I've discretly done so many times now that it wouldn't wreck anyone's evening or anything. Part if this process is just getting over the fear or apprehension of getting out and doing something. Once I'm out, I almost always have a great time.
I'm almost hesitant to admit when I'm happy...like its a too-good-to-be-true kinda feeling, like I don't trust myself completely. But I think I have to stop thinking as much...










Comments
Post a Comment