What's goin' on

To catch you up:


I finally found an awesome workout schedule that doesn't leave me too tired or susceptible to injury. 

I injured myself. 

I went to a funeral of a talented, caring, wonderful 31 year old. 

I think about this every day. 

I borrowed an automatic car as it was easier to drive with my hurt ankle. 
I crashed it. 

I was treated with nothing but kindness after I crashed it.

I shared my car with the crashed-car-owner for a week.

The car is now fixed. 

My ankle is healing, but not quite enough for me to do some real workouts do 

yesterday I went swimming and did 40 laps using a flutter board between my legs and freestylin' it with my arms.

40 x 25 m = 1 km. 

My arms hurt.

I was nervous to go swimming because it's out of my comfort zone, and truthfully, I've been a bit of a hermit lately. This is not good for me, but with the car sharing and the weather and me not wanting to spread my...bad week, I kinda sucked in that area. 

I went to a party last night to hang out with my running friends. These people used to make up a huge chunk of my life, but I haven't seen most of them in FOUR or more years. I was so nervous! But it was fun. Imagine that...

Things aren't hot right now on the job front...but I'm still fairly positive about everything. 

I drove three hours on Thursday night to a party that isn't actually until this Thursday. It was one of the funnier things of my week. Again, I was nervous the entire day, as there are mutual friends there, but I went anyway. And I'll go again this Thursday. 

I'm pretty emotionally tired. I'm mainly self-absorbed (not sure I'm using the right) when it comes to other people's emotions...I'm trying so hard to stay as future-focused and positive about THE BIG D that I can't handle much of anyone else's stuff. 

I'm really, really sensitive to negativity. 
It's been well over three (or four? I lost count. I like that!) months since THE BIG D began, and I'm somehow making it, somehow moving forward, somehow experiencing joy/happiness/gratitude/love. I think that qualifies as a major success story. 



I want to blog more again. With pictures. Of fun stuff. 


I've been saying that for a year now. 

Comments