July Update

Creative blog title, no?

My creativity isn't so great lately.. there has been so much going on and I miss documenting it like I used to in the old days.

The biggest event is that I am officially and totally moved in with my guy and life is...essentially perfect. Except for - my brain.

I know that when I have a lot going on, when things are kind of unstable - like no job + moving + starting a new relationship + studying for a test that basically sets the tone of the next chunk of my career... well, my brain associates all of this change and technical "instability" and relates it to the previous times in my life where things have been rocky and sounds the alarms and wants to freak out a bit.

I will have to deal with that (actually, I should say, "we", because my guy has been so incredibly supportive and takes this issue on as a team problem #alonenomore), but for now, here's a quick update and I hope to start posting more photos and "Day in the Life of" like I used to. First, because its entertaining for me to post photos and events of my day or weekend, and second, because I love looking back and reading old posts, to see how things have changed.

But for now, here's a quick list in point form:

  • I no longer live on the island of Montreal, but on the Island of Ile Perrot
  • It's about a 4 minute walk to the lake (that meets the St. Lawrence, I believe)
  • I'm studying my ass off for part 1 of 3 of an international designation. It's a 2.5 hour test, I'm not allowed water/paper/pen; it's all multiple choice; I will have to be fingerprinted and have my retina scan before taking the exam
  • I spend the majority of the time at the town library where I've had some cute little adventures
  • I've learned that I CAN LEARN, I just have to find the right forum (I struggled a lot in school)
  • I am now in a Party of Five. What a party it is. My guy, Josephine, Napoleon, Maggie, and me. It wasn't the easiest integration - we had to keep Maggie on a different floor than Jojo & Popo for two full weeks. Now - Maggie no longer wants to sleep with us in our bed - she wants to sleep downstairs with the big dogs. Maggie and Napoleon are buddies, but Maggie and Josephine just tolerate each other. She spends all day, every day outside barking and chasing things and is LIVING THE LIFE!! The other two dogs are extremely vocal - it's their breed. The "talk" a lot and it sounds hilarious (but it took me a bit of time to get used to....the noise of the party)
  • The move is complete and now we are just deciding what goes where and how we can merge our stuff together
  • I could easily start a blog called, "The Clueless Gardener", because I love taking care of the lawn/garden, but I don't have a clue what I'm doing and come up with random ideas..and our lawn....may have paid the price
  • We are looking at taking a 10 day cruise in November. There's a 70% chance that we are going, we are just waiting to see how a few things roll out.
  • My aunt and step-father, who were recovering from cancer treatment, are doing so well and it makes my heart very, very happy.
  • My grandmother and aunt are coming to visit us mid-September. Now those are going to be some blog-worthy adventures.
I'm sure there's a hundred more things or so, but those are the big ones. Be back soon with some photos and fun. 

Comments