Most days

After a year or so of blogging, I was all about the Googly Analytics, checking out who was reading my blog and in which countries. Now...I write what I write...and don't really check (or care) who is reading. I know my grandma does (cause she tells me), but after yesterday's post, I wonder if people think that I just sit in my pajamas and cry all day long and never leave the house, when...apart from today, because I had a pretty rough day yesterday, it's quite the opposite.

Most days (like I said, yesterday afternoon/evening was really rough so today doesn't count), I wake up and get on with my day. I usually have physio or an errand planned. I have these two GIGANTIC DOGS that are very happy to see me, so I take care of them for a bit (say hi, let them outside, pet, cuddle, blah blah). Here are a couple of photos....I'm not sure that these photos truly capture the size and power of these dogs! Right now they are both sleeping peacefully next to me...but try to imagine the size and power of these 50+kg dogs!




They truly are gentle giants...until they want to give you some love...in the form of "kisses". They also have problems...with a lot of spit.

Anyway, most days I wake up, shower, and am off for a few hours, off to my errands or whatever I have to do. I admit that most of my errands are solo, because I haven't totally "come out" to everyone in Edmonton yet. I'm not ready to answer questions (when I either don't have the answers or I just end up crying my head off), and then I head back home (my cousin and his wife's house), where I rest up a bit and then hang out with them for most of the evenings.

I work out, clean, try to let them let me organize a room or a project... (My cousin used to be a DJ and I organized countless cables and wires and equipment so that his office now looks cute and useable...I'm waiting until his wife caves...).

Yeah, I need to get out more and socialize more, but in due time.

But almost every day, I wake up, try to get something done, and try to carry on building my new life. It isn't easy, but there are times where it feels more and more natural. I don't just sit and home in my pjs, except I admit I'm wearing a lot of sweats and leggings....cause...well...dog hair.

But today, today is a recovery day. Bad days often come with recovery days...I'm fine with having them, and I think the more that I properly take care of myself, the better I'll be when I return to the job market, return to living by myself, return to the real life, post safari camping trip.

Comments

  1. If you really like Africa, check out First Quantum Minerals. Also, they have Panama, which was a good gig: https://www.first-quantum.com/ (might be a nice break for a year or two)...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment