The iTouch Incident
So….remember that iTouch? Uhh…yeah..
Well that entire day was kind of eventful. I spent parts of the day dealing with extremely frustrating stuff. Madagascar stuff, work stuff, personal (trying to get my money back) stuff, and the day ended with a ridiculous meeting. Combined with the day that I had, I was furious because one of the meeting attendees was disrespectful, condescending, inappropriate, and asked ridiculous, pointless questions. It’s so odd because outside of work this person is nice and friendly. At work - it’s a disaster. They become hostile and aggressive….almost attacking in nature. This person’s attitude wasn’t even directed at me, but I was so frustrated why some people are like this. Why don’t we work together to fix the problems instead of blaming (and laughing at!!!) the other party?? I actually left the meeting early. perhaps not my finest moment, but I was soon joined by two others.
This project, like any other, faces so many challenges and when I see behavior that is over-the-top disrespectful….well, yesterday it just struck a nerve with me.
Ok, so, Louis picked me up, we ate supper really quickly, and then we drove into town. We were trying out a new “spa” for a massage. (This massage needs a post of its own.)
We head back home after our “massage”, Louis was laughing, I was more like dry heaving in disgust.(Ok, slight exageration). The massage was painful and uncomfortable, but I kept saying in my head, I’m going to climb a mountain, I have to be prepared for pain. (????). We talked and laughed and cringed the entire ride home.
I get home, break open a bath gift set that I was planning to use for a birthday gift, take out the sponge thing, and hop in the shower. Ooops, I forgot the sponge thing on the sink. I get out of the shower, the sponge thing falls into the toilet. Urgh!!!
I get back in the shower and scrub and scrub – sans sponge thing - hoping to save myself from any germs/illness/body lice I may have picked up from the “spa”. But then I remember I couldn’t find my iTouch so I yell at Louis from the shower to look. Who yells back that he can’t find it.
I quickly finish scrubbing, barely dry off, and try to find my iTouch. No luck. And Louis? He’s on the computer!!!! He’s not tearing apart the house like I am. He’s not freaking out cursing Madagascar because everything gets stolen here (in fairness…..a lot DOES get stolen here)…What is wrong with this guy?!?!?!
So, I pull out the old, I’m pissed off because I lost something so I’m going to get mad at you too.
Why isn’t he panicking and looking for this iTouch???! (Which must be made out of solid plantinum, because I’m sure making a big deal out of finding it).
I know I’m nearing the end of my rotation, so I’m a little more tense… but yeah….not my finest moment.
Ahh, true love is grand.
Anyway, the night ended with both of us going to bed mad. Me, because I lost my iTouch and Louis didn't think that the world was ending because of it; and Louis - because his girlfriend's brain was kidnapped by aliens and replaced by this bat-sh*t crazy one.
Somehow I managed to sleep without the “Relax &Get to Sleep” App. Even though I cried about it before falling asleep (I’m sorry, I wish I was making this up).
This morning, Louis generously offered to get ready first, which means that I can sleep in an extra fifteen minutes or so. And then of course, I apologize. And because he’s who he is, he accepts my apology, tells me I’ve used up my “Jerk Credit” for the month and we go back to talking about our horrific massage experience the night before.
As we said goodbye, I apologized again, feeling like an idiot for taking out my bad mood on him, and we leave each other laughing about how stupid the whole thing was.
I get up to my office and GUESS WHAT. I found it.
Sitting behind the screen of my laptop. Yesterday I went through every nook and cranny in my office…I went through EVERY piece of paper I’ve ever had. But didn’t look behind my screen.
I called Louis. I’m pretty sure he was even expecting it. I told him the good news….and apologized again. Crap.
But seriously, you all knew this was coming. Like, honestly, reading the original post….you SO KNEW I was going to find it, right?????!!! I'm special sometimes.
Well that entire day was kind of eventful. I spent parts of the day dealing with extremely frustrating stuff. Madagascar stuff, work stuff, personal (trying to get my money back) stuff, and the day ended with a ridiculous meeting. Combined with the day that I had, I was furious because one of the meeting attendees was disrespectful, condescending, inappropriate, and asked ridiculous, pointless questions. It’s so odd because outside of work this person is nice and friendly. At work - it’s a disaster. They become hostile and aggressive….almost attacking in nature. This person’s attitude wasn’t even directed at me, but I was so frustrated why some people are like this. Why don’t we work together to fix the problems instead of blaming (and laughing at!!!) the other party?? I actually left the meeting early. perhaps not my finest moment, but I was soon joined by two others.
This project, like any other, faces so many challenges and when I see behavior that is over-the-top disrespectful….well, yesterday it just struck a nerve with me.
Ok, so, Louis picked me up, we ate supper really quickly, and then we drove into town. We were trying out a new “spa” for a massage. (This massage needs a post of its own.)
We head back home after our “massage”, Louis was laughing, I was more like dry heaving in disgust.(Ok, slight exageration). The massage was painful and uncomfortable, but I kept saying in my head, I’m going to climb a mountain, I have to be prepared for pain. (????). We talked and laughed and cringed the entire ride home.
I get home, break open a bath gift set that I was planning to use for a birthday gift, take out the sponge thing, and hop in the shower. Ooops, I forgot the sponge thing on the sink. I get out of the shower, the sponge thing falls into the toilet. Urgh!!!
I get back in the shower and scrub and scrub – sans sponge thing - hoping to save myself from any germs/illness/body lice I may have picked up from the “spa”. But then I remember I couldn’t find my iTouch so I yell at Louis from the shower to look. Who yells back that he can’t find it.
I quickly finish scrubbing, barely dry off, and try to find my iTouch. No luck. And Louis? He’s on the computer!!!! He’s not tearing apart the house like I am. He’s not freaking out cursing Madagascar because everything gets stolen here (in fairness…..a lot DOES get stolen here)…What is wrong with this guy?!?!?!
So, I pull out the old, I’m pissed off because I lost something so I’m going to get mad at you too.
Why isn’t he panicking and looking for this iTouch???! (Which must be made out of solid plantinum, because I’m sure making a big deal out of finding it).
I know I’m nearing the end of my rotation, so I’m a little more tense… but yeah….not my finest moment.
Ahh, true love is grand.
![]() |
| If this is true....Louis has his work cut out for him! :P (Source) |
Somehow I managed to sleep without the “Relax &Get to Sleep” App. Even though I cried about it before falling asleep (I’m sorry, I wish I was making this up).
This morning, Louis generously offered to get ready first, which means that I can sleep in an extra fifteen minutes or so. And then of course, I apologize. And because he’s who he is, he accepts my apology, tells me I’ve used up my “Jerk Credit” for the month and we go back to talking about our horrific massage experience the night before.
As we said goodbye, I apologized again, feeling like an idiot for taking out my bad mood on him, and we leave each other laughing about how stupid the whole thing was.
I get up to my office and GUESS WHAT. I found it.
![]() |
| Source |
I called Louis. I’m pretty sure he was even expecting it. I told him the good news….and apologized again. Crap.
But seriously, you all knew this was coming. Like, honestly, reading the original post….you SO KNEW I was going to find it, right?????!!! I'm special sometimes.


For what it is worth, I was entertained by your rant. I needed a little entertainment, so you did your good deed for the day.
ReplyDeleteYes, I knew you would find it. I could feel the vibes all the way here in Moldova ;)
Yes, yes, yes, we all knew you would find it but sometimes you just need to get p*ssed off in order to keep in good form. Tee hee. Glad you have a good man. Thanks Louis. Love G&Gxxoo
ReplyDelete