I'm an addict AND I pretend that I'm a millionaire.

Like seriously, I am seriously, seriously dependant on my iTouch. Like, I don't know how to live without it.

Today, I felt like some kind of meth addict. I didn't sleep Thursday because I was trying to fix it using any/every solutions on the internet I could find...Friday I was in a horrible mood, and today I was running around trying to find an extra cord, hoping, PRAYING that a new cord would fix it...it was just my old, sort of frayed cord.

And then I gave up. I asked around, it looked doubtful that I would be able to find a "real" iTouch. I was desperate. And then I remembered "the driver connection". If you need something, be it a real live elephant or a special kind  of make-up, I swear it could be found through "the driver connection". Someone always knows someone who knows someone who knows someone...who knows someone. I found a store that had a 4GB Shuffle and an 8 GB Smiley iTouch. The 8GB doesn't really impress me, but the price difference between the two was maybe seventy five dollars...so I got the 8GB, after harrasing the shop clerk, the Shop Clerk Supervisor, and then finally the Owner of the store who told me if it wasn't "real" that I could bring it back. I was still a little suspicious.

Increasing my suspicion was the fact that the Owner spoke perfect English without an accent. Like, I'm sure it was his first language. I can't tell what background he had....and I didn't understand when my driver told me. But an English??

Anyway, on the way to the pay, the Shop Clerk said, quietly, "Make sure you ask for the best price....". So I talked to the Owner and asked him for the "Malagasy" price and no the "Vaza" (foreigner) price. We had a bit of back and forth, he went to get his calculator and knocked off $20. He could have increased it by $20 for all I care...I was THAT desperate.

So instead of having a nice 64GB iTouch, with all of my favorite things on it, I have a 8GB iTouch. That I WILL LOVE JUST AS MUCH. Because spending the last two and a half days without music has been ridiculous and I'm fully aware I AM ADDICTED to this thing.

FutureShop.ca has the same iTouch on sale for 189.99CDN. Plus taxes (assuming Alberta's 5% GST) would make that $199.49CDN

I paid 620 000 MGA, which converts to $296.09CDN, on top of that I had to take out cash, which costs me $5CDN for each transaction (and my favorite bank just dropped the maximum withdrawal to 200 000 MGA), so add another $20CDN to that to equal $316.09, which means I paid $116.60CDN more than I should have. (Plus the fact that this isn't something I budgeted for).

But the $316.09? The "wasted" $116.60? WORTH EVERY PENNY.

Comments

  1. I don't have an iTouch (broke my iPod last year and decided to take a break from the thing, the detox worked surprisingly well!) but I know the feeling just too well. I've just bought a new bike and I know how it is when you are addicted to a tool. Today I woke up and I was afraid to tell my girlfriend that I dreamt about the bike. AGAIN.
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment