Double Road Trip Week

Yesterday wasn't my favorite day. Spending nearly two full days with the girls, and then having to drop them off, and coming home to....me...isn't a feeling that I like. The trip was awesome and I'm so glad we went, but there's kind of this, I don't know, unpleasant feeling leaving them and going back to life without them. Sure, they're like a 15 minute drive, and I'm certain that at one (or many points) we'll annoy each other if a few weeks when Louis is back, but I guess I have sort of got used to them in my lives, and I like it better when they are around.

Last night I had to choice to go to yoga, or spin class, but I chose spin because I didn't think I could deal with the mental aspect of yoga. Spin is easier, you just go and sweat your ass off. I did the whole not go-go-not go-go thing, so I was kind of surprised that I finally ended up going. Half way through the class, I started crying. But, everyone was sweaty, and it was just a 30 second cry, and then I went back to spinning. I spun (?) faster and harder than I ever had before and was surprised just how speedy my legs could go. I was feeling awesome, the teacher was great, and I was so happy that I went!! And then as a cool down song, the instructor played a sappy/sad song. And then it started to suck. I got to the car, put my towel in front of my face, and cried my head off. I knew what I was crying about, I knew that it wouldn't be resolved anytime soon, but I just needed to cry. Maybe ten minutes later, I decided that I needed to get some fluids in me, so I went to get an iced lemonade. I was also dreading going home to...me. Well, half-way through the lemonade, I started to feel freaking fantastic, remembering parts of the last couple of days that were funny, excited to go to meet up with a friend tomorrow, and so forth. Oops. I know when my blood sugar drops, I get either like a monster, sad, or can't really process thoughts properly, even though I don't feel like eating. It usually happens when I'm travelling. Anyway, I came back home and was feeling pretty good...even though I came home to...a mess. I'm not sure how it happens, but every time I come home, my suitcase explodes all over the place.

I went to bed in good spirits, I watched a bit of a movie, and fell asleep.

And then the regular nightmares started. I have some nights that are far worse than others, some nights where I have good or no dreams, and other nights that I have bad dreams all night I dream a lot when my brain is busy, either with a conflict at work, or something like that, and I guess my brain is busy trying to catch up on a whirlwind three months. It's understandable, but royally sucks. Ah, I guess it's all part of the process.

So, because I always complain that there's too much writing and not enough pictures, here are some pictures from NY state. Louis (this is so cute & thoughtful) gave us a list of things to do in Plattsburg (of which there are not many), and even though it was cold, and even though we had zero interest in doing anything but shopping, I kind of figured he like, really wants a vacation? And that it would cheer him up to see us "vacationing", so we drove to the beach, and rotated taking pictures of one another. He was pretty happy with the pictures, and I am too (except I'm growing out my hair and it's frustratingly unstyled). (Oh, and yes, I'm a giant and the girls are itty bitty in real life.)

Here is Plattsburg City Beach (I have no idea how people were out there in their bathing suits!)
 
 
 
 
 
There. Some happy smiles and pictures. :)
 
Off to the water park just outside of Gatineau, QC, tomorrow! 

Comments