I somehow forgot to post an entire day's worth of climbing! As a "practice" we were climbing to 4500 m and then back down. By now, you've read enough about climbing, so I'll just post the picture, and what I
think I was thinking at the time.
 |
| "My Camelpack is f*cking dripping all over me. I'm f*cking cold and my long johns smell like zombies." |
 |
| "Right. Remember to take pictures as I go. Here's one of the camp." |
 |
| "I am walking so slow, but can't breathe. How does this work? Why am I winded?!!" |
 |
| "Yes. I totally understand that this is like so easy for you. But you don't have to be so cocky while I sit on the ground trying to breathe. I'd like to see you in a snow storm!" |
 |
"I will get to the top to protect my baby elephant penguin husband and penguin egg!" |
 |
| "That is the camp!?!??! All the way down there!?!?! I'll never make it down!" |
 |
| "What a good idea, I wish I would have brought my cell phone so that I could call someone too!" |
 |
| "I could really give a sh*t that I climbed this high. I'm soaking wet (my Camelback leaked all over me) and I just want to get home!" |
 |
| "Look. I know you work for tips. But enough with the telling me how to pose and stuff." |
 |
| "I'm going to look so tough standing next to this mountain." |
 |
| "How am I ever going to make it down. How am I not going to puke in front of my guide?" |
 |
| "Oh! He's looking. Right. Smile like I enjoy doing this!" |
 |
| "[Morgan Freeman voice] As the lone hiker reflects upon her climb for the day, she realizes she has to prepare herself of the descent. This feat will be equally as difficult as the climb up, but she must perservere." |
 |
| "HOW CAN THE CAMP STILL BE THAT FAR????" |
 |
| "Ok, ok. I'll agree with you that this makes a good picture!" |
 |
| "A week ago I would have thought this was a sh*t hole. Now I am so grateful and thankful to be back in this room!" |
 |
| "I wonder if everyone is as message as me?" |
 |
| "This feels so, so, so good. I love you, sleeping bag. I love you a lot." |
 |
| "Popcorn? That's weird. Popcorn in soup? Sounds good to me!" |
 |
| "How the mother f*cking f*ck am I supposed to squat this low and go pee when my legs are half broken. Why is this toilet so close to the ground? Why are adult diapers seen as a bad thing? I wish I had brought more toilet paper" |
And that's all
she wrote I'll write. Climb pictures all uploaded and done. I know I talk a lot about how it was hard and I hated it. But I hated and it and loved it at the same time. I have to admit, I went to crazy and back fourteen times. This day in particular, I was plagued while really negative thoughts. I'm certain that made the climb that much harder.
There are a few things in my life where my outlook is very pessimistic. And - if I know I can't acheive perfection in that task - I give up. Or I have to fight to not give up. This climbed proved that regardless of perfect, my best is my best and my best is more than good enough. I'm trying to apply this to the challenges that I struggle with, but it's not an instant process.
There won't be any monumental changes after this accidental adventure, but maybe I can figure out a way to use the whole "you can do it and keep on trying even if it's not perfect and it sort of sucks" in those trouble spots in my life, I'm happy.
Comments
Post a Comment