Obsessive Compulsive Travel Paper Printer

I have a bit of an obsessive side when it comes to my travel itineraries. I need to print every single peice of paper that I might need (and anyone that is travelling with me) and file it in the same order as the travel. Train schedules, Google maps, activities in the area, restaurants I might go to (along with a Google map). On top of that, I download the calendar for the month and type in my flight and train times (departure and arrival), the name of the hotel (if I'm staying at one), and any planned appointments or activities I have. This gets to be the first page of my very thick travel package. I sort of feel dorky. I could easily use my cell phone, computer, iPod to track these appointments, but I'm not happy unless I have that printed off calendar. Today I had a few extra minutes and I typed up my calendar. After typing everything in....I realized that maybe I'm not all that weird (ok, I am. But its still a lot of freaking stuff to remember).

May 29
1. Confirmation of my flight from Tamatave to Antananarivo on the company charter plane (and return)
2. Confirmation of Louis' flight from Tamatave to Antananarivo on the company charter plane (and return)
3. Confirmation of my transfer from local airport to international airport
4. Confirmation of Louis' transfer from local airport to international airport
5. Confirmation of  my "Meet & Greet" at international airport
6. Confirmation of  Louis' "Meet & Greet" at international airport (This guy that we have hired meets us at the airport and helps us get through the check-in and customs process quicker, which when taking a larger flight can take a ridiculously long time).
7. My flight details from Antananarivo to Johannesburg (and return)
8. Louis' flight details from Antananarivo to Johannesburg (and return)
9. My flight details from Johannesburg to Frankfurt
10. Louis' flight details from Johannesburg to Frankfurt

May 30
11. Flight details from Frankfurt to Brussels
12. Train schedule from Brussels to Mons
(I haven't printed off Louis' details from Frankfurt to Montreal, but given my love of travel-itinerary-printing-off, I probably will).

June 2
13. Train schedule from Mons to Brussels
14. Flight details from Brussels to Milan
15. Hotel confirmation for one night in Milan

June 3
Train details from Milan to Aqui Terne
Confirmation of bike tour

June 8
16.Train details from Aqui Terne to Milan
17. Flight details from Milan to London
18. Hotel confirmation for one night in London

June 9
19. Flight details from London to Johannesburg
20. Louis' flight details from Montreal to London
21. Louis' flight details from London to Johannesburg


At first I was thinking, ok, it's just a little busy because there are so many different things going on...but if I look back to any travel plans, the bare minimum of flights I have to take is eight (there and back). Usually with a hotel stay or two.

For some reason, I'm oddly protective of my "travel file". In any other situation, if ever I have an important thing that I have to carry be in a return bus ticket or my passport, I jump at the chance to have someone else carry it. I'm always losing stuff. Stuff always falls out of my pockets. I cram my purse so full I can't ever find anything. But the travel itinerary? Don't mess with it.

Comments

Post a Comment