Yours

This song came on today while I was driving and I fell in love with it. It made me think of our first kiss (in the parking lot of a cheesy restaurant about four days after our first date) and everything after.

Before "us", I thought that I had to be some kind of perfect version of myself to be in a relationship. I planned to not date for a really long time, until I had reached a place where I felt like I, "had it together".

The truth is, NO one has it together 100% of the time, and if I met someone while I was in my imperfect state...well even better because, 1) No one is perfect, and 2) If he can love me with all of my imperfections, then we can really talk business. Business of building a family with a strong foundation, a solid core, and an infinite number of opportunities for the future.

I wish I could see it like that all of the time...but I have to admit I have my moments where I think that he is all too good for me. Although.....if I were to make a list of his positive attributes that make him my best friend and partner...it would probably look identical to the list that he made for me (minus the fact that I rarely load the dishwasher and that I can make a mess in about 12.5 seconds flat). (Side Note: I love lists and make them for everything).

Today is the six month mark since our first and very wonderful date...where I found it nearly impossible not to fall hard...even though my hurt and my past was telling me to slow down.
We haven't been in the habit of celebrating our monthly anniversaries (reason #1 - we are not in junior high; reason #2 - it always falls during the final parts of the month end close process where his workdays are lonnnggg), but I like sit back each month on the 11th and think of everything that I've been blessed with since that brunch date, at my very favorite restaurant in Montreal.

He is my biggest cheerleader. He is my sounding board. He is the funniest person I know. He lets me know that he feels blessed to have me...and I can't believe how lucky I am to have him as my partner. The road was long and hard...but it got me here...and thank God I'm his. <3 

Comments