I’m cranky. For Now.

Yesterday and today, I’ve been in a cranky funk. (And no, it’s not my moon time, thanks.)

A combination of...not sleeping the greatest earlier in the week; a lack of motivation to work out; having new things at work (and yes, good things, but it can sometimes be more challenging then I had thought)... Oh, and listening to LOUD, BANGING construction ALL DAY LONG in my new office....is wearing on me.

I’m less patient, less seeing the good things, and less...well... no, MORE CRANKY! (I know, it’s soooo hard to believe such a nice person such as myself would ever get cranky. Ha!)

It is always interesting how whenever I have more than one... crappy day, I’m almost instantly panicking about the future possible crappy days. CRAP!! Maybe I’m not going to make it as an expat and I’ll have to move back to Canada like next month and then who knows what the hell I’ll do!!

How about... I’m just having a crappy day?

I work 12 hours a day, live in a foreign country, eat/sleep/work with the same people every single day of my life?! I’d rather not make a list of reasons I COULD be cranky, so I'll end it there. (And yes, I can make a list much longer of reasons that I am happy too....but I write enough sappy/gushy/love posts. It’s time for a complainer.)


During the week, I usually spend time with the boy; do a quick workout; spend the night in; or go hang out at the expat bar. BUT:

  • The boy is out of town (do you like how I snuck that in there?)
  • My workouts are getting super dry and boring
  • There are only so many relaxing nights in that I can spend before they become un-relaxing.
  • Going to the bar means drinking (That’s all fun and everything...but on a weeknight...isn’t the best option I could come up with. Except for a few occasions...I’d like to save the silliness for say.... a Saturday night...).

SO I’m bored. I'd love to say that my job satisfies me so much that I bounce of bed every morning and that it's satisfying enough that I don't need to be entertained in other ways...but that's not the case. (Actually...no I wouldn't...)

Having something to look forward to always makes the week go by soooo faster and makes me a lot cheerier. I always plan some kind of fun event on the weekends (golf, river tour, pool party) and I’m always looking forward to Saturday night or Sunday.

But what about the other six days of the week??

Why don’t I schedule something look forward to during the week?

When I first FIRST came here, I was the freaking social butterfly. I was always doing things that made me happy...going for a massage or a pedicure (NO, I am not a princess), dinner in town with friends, etc...

The past three weeks have been spent either at the bar or in my room. Uh yay for that. :S

I have got caught up in the boring day-to-day routine of working 7h00 to 19h00 (okay...so MAYBE some days its a little later to work and a little earlier to home... ) and forget that when I first came here, I was always busy, seeing/doing things in town and having a great time. I need to remind myself to do things that MAKE ME HAPPY, not just do things to get things done. Again, one of those s-i-m-p-l-e concepts that aren't always so simple.

So today at lunch I completed was Project Un-crank-a-fye.

  • I joined the Club Nautique so that I can start playing tennis. I have my first lesson Tuesday night. I will need many.
  • I made an appointment for a pedicure on Friday night (no I AM NOT A PRINCESS, it's important for a gal to have pretty feet!)
  • And...the most exciting part...I got my driver to find me Sûr Eau – which is a fancy name for Sodium hypochlorite (also known as bleach, I think?) for me to use so that I can buy a variety of vegetables other than tomatoes and cucumbers. All I ever get in camp are tomatoes and cucumbers!! I am sooooooooooooooooo sick of tomatoes and cucumbers!!

Since moving here, I am crazy for raw spinach. It’s the one thing I REALLY MISS (yes, I’m weird) and haven’t been able to find. Or, I’ve been able to find it, but it’s grown in potentially contaminated water...so I haven't been able to EAT it. Now, I can soak it in this solution for 30 minutes, and I’ll have my spinach!!! (more later how I prepare it, it’s ...unique.. :S)


Okay.... So with all of this stuff to look forward to...I think I’ll be less cranky tomorrow. I'll letcha know.

Comments